Proof of Divorce

E-mail Print PDF
+ 5
+ 2
Q: I need a document as proof of my talaaq (divorce) for the bank because I want the bank to transfer the bond onto my name. Would such a document be obtainable and how do I go about getting one. According to the bank I need a certificate of divorce with a stamp as well as stating the amount of child maintenance I receive.

Was the Talaaq written and issued? If yes, then use that document. If not, request your ex partner through someone to prepare such a document. The document can then be certified by a commissioner of oaths in your area. Contact the Darul Uloom for further information. (041 457 1326).

Mufti Siraj Desai