Q: Is it Haraam in Islam to be close to our dear ones (your Mahram)? Is it permissible to hug, cuddle and kiss them so that they know they have not been rejected by the young?
A: In Islam there is obviously no purdah between mehrams; hence, it will be permissible to hug, cuddle and kiss them. However, the following conditions must be observed:
1) Kissing should be on the cheeks or forehead, not on the lips.
2) Hugging each other while either party is not clothed, that is, not fully dressed, like the chest being bare, for example, is not permissible.
3) Laying together under one blanket is also not permitted.
4) There should be no contact with certain parts of the body whilst uncovered, like the thighs, stomach, breasts, etc.
5) There must be no feeling of lust or desire. The moment either party starts getting feelings of lust or desire, then such hugging, kissing, and cuddling will be haraam.
And Allah knows best
Mufti Siraj Desai
|< Prev||Next >|